It is mercury-free dentistry awareness week in the US.
This is certainly needed in the UK.
‘Silver fillings’ is a totally misleading term.
There is no safe dose for mercury and vapour is released every time you eat or brush your teeth which can cross the blood brain barrier and cause neurological problems.
If you have mercury fillings then get them removed by a specialist who takes adequate precautions to protect you while they are removed.
The NHS in the UK needs to ban them especially for children.